Thomas Stephens Konkani Kendr has a new Look
Thomas Stephens Konknni Kendr, a konknni research institute works immensely for the promotion of konknni language, culture and literature. Our goal/ focus is clear: to unite all the konknnis in its varied diversity and thus work for its growth irrespective of the scripts.
Various works are carried on from the centre:
- Various Konknni courses are held throughout the year to help those interested to learn our Goan language.
- Seminars/ Workshops on various topics are held to increase the knowledge of konknni literature and its rich heritage.
- Various publications , such as childrens literature, books on culture and literature etc, annual Research bulletin- SOD, Monthly socio-religious magazine DOR MHOINEACHI ROTTI, etc are some of the works carried out in this field.
- Appreciation and Acknowledgement of the great contribution In konknni by rewarding their efforts is part of the intention to boost the konknni writers and lovers at the end of each year with the annual awards.
- A great asset to all is the library with more than 20,000 books at the disposal of the reader and researcher.
- During the Summer we also have some workshops organised in order to help the children to utilise their time fruitfully. This year we helped the children to learn to play the Ghumott. In the future we have plans to have a workshop to teach children to play the Ghumott for Mando.
We hope and wish that people will benefit from all these activities and that they will be instrumental in preserving and nurturing our Goan Language, culture and it’s rich literature.
KONKNNI amchi Mai-Bhas ….. Tichi udorgot korunk ami sodanch vavrum-ia
- Jose Silviera, SJ